After a reflection moment caused by the need to think what will follow after the pylons and repoze.bfg merge in pyramid the TurboGears2 team has decide to gather up all its forces and give to TurboGears2 its own independent life.
The first steps have been oriented to improve the framework reliability and brought to life the TurboGears continuous integrations system and a standard project release process.
After a few months of work 2.1.1 has been released and it brings many fixes and improvements, 2.1.2 is under its way and a 2.2 release with major improvements is already planned!
* Fixed dependencies for Python 2.4. Now any packages that are
needed are automatically installed.
* Updated package requirements as high as possible.
* Verified nested RestControllers work as expected
* Added/fixed Kajiki support
* Ignore repoze.who_testutil when running nosetests
* Fixed import order for pylons.middleware
* Fixed crash when PYTHONOPTIMIZE is enabled
* Report a warning about ErrorMiddleware is disabled
* Fixed concurrency issues with use_custom_format
* Fixed 404 errors if a controller uses only custom formats
* Verified that user object is available inside of the error controller/template
* Fixed expansion of arguments on before/after calls
* Fixed wrong header response for 405 error
* Fixed WebOb version requirment. Newer version required
* Added test case to check for replace_header when called from WSGIApp
* Fixed issues with Content-Type header appearing multiples times on 204/205 responses
* Removed redundant hasattr checks on override_template
* Improved support for pylons 1.0 strict_c
* Fixed post traceback, now reports to Pylons correctly
* Added test case to check for spurious content type removal on empty content
* Fixed crash when content type header is missing
* Fixed crash when response Content-Type is set to None
* Fixed support for etags. Pylons 1.0 changes slightly, we support the correct version now
* Added dependency_links and setup.cfg allow_hosts: easy_install TurboGears2 now works
* Fixed DecoratedController. should not call super(), 2.6 revealed a problem
* Fixed Genshi output method. Use XHTML if none specified, instead of XML
* Fixed Python 2.4 compatibility issues. Dependencies are now automatically specified
* Updated package version requirements as high as possible
* Fixed about.html instructions about where the logo is found
* Set “zip_safe=False” by default in the templates now
* Tests fixed, now pass
* Added support for sqlalchemy-migrate
* Added option to choose config file
* Added archive_tw_resources command for projects
* Fixed deprecated redirect calls
* Set Genshi templating method by default to XHTML
* Adding dependency_links: easy_install tg.devtools now works